Trick or Treat

There were these two black children trying to decide what to get dressed as to go trick-or-treating for Halloween.

Finally the oldest one, Robert, turned to his sister Francine and said, "I know, we will go as Hansel and Gretel.

Well, they dressed up as Hansel and Gretel on Halloween night and off they went to ring doorbells all over the neighborhood. They came to a house on the end of their block and Robert rang the doorbell.

"Trick or Treat," Robert and Francine yelled in unison.

The old man at the door peered down at them and said, "And who are you?"

"Why, we're Hansel and Gretel," Robert said.

The man shook his head. "You can't be Hansel and Gretel. Hansel and Gretel were white." And then he slammed the door on their faces.

Well, Robert and Francine went back to their house and Robert thought furiously. "I know," he said. "You can go as Little Bo Peep and I'll go as Little Boy Blue."

So they changed quickly into their new costumes and headed back out the door. A few minutes later, they found themselves at the same house as earlier.

"Trick or Treat," Robert and Francine yelled again as the door opened.

Once again the man stared down at them and said, "Who might you be?"

"Why we're Little Bo Peep and Little Boy Blue," Robert said.

The man shook his head and said. "You can't be Little Bo Peep and Little Boy Blue. They were white." And he slammed the door on their faces.

Robert and Francine walked back to the house, their candy bags empty. But Robert got an idea and quickly slipped out of his costume. Then he helped Francine out of hers. When the knock came, again, at the door, the old man grabbed his basket of candy and opened the door. Much to his surprise, there were two naked, black children standing on his porch.

"Well, what do we have here?" he asked.

"Two M&Ms," Robert said. "One with nuts and one without."

Tell me another Joke!

"-->