Giving Thanks

A 4-year-old boy who was asked to give thanks before the family's Christmas Eve dinner. The family members bowed their heads in expectation.

He began his prayer, thanking God for all his friends (naming them one by one). Then he thanked God for Mommy, Daddy, brother, sis, Grandma, Grandpa, and all his aunts and uncles.

Then he began to thank God for the food.

He gave thanks for the turkey, the dressing, the fruit salad, the cranberry sauce, the potatoes, the rolls, the butter, the drinks. Then it was on to the desserts, the pies, the cakes, even the Cool Whip.

Then he paused, and everyone waited--and waited--and waited.

Finally his mother told him to go on and thank God for the broccoli (the only item he hadn't mentioned yet).

After a bit longer silence, the young fellow looked up at his mom and said, "I can't! But I know I should, so I don't know what to do!"

"What do you mean, dear?" asked his mother.

"Since it's Jesus' birthday, I bet he's listening closer than usual," said the boy. "So if I thank God for the broccoli, he'll know that I'm lying, won't he? And then he'll tell Santa I lied! And that will mean Santa won't bring me anything!"

Tell me another Joke!

"-->