In The News ...

Lots of Folks: An estimated 20 million people lined up along India's Ganges and Yamuna rivers to take baths, yesterday.

--Or as the Osmond family calls it: Wednesday.

--They're calling it the largest religious gathering in history. Not counting a Jesse Jackson family reunion. (Voldseth)

Centerfold Reno: A man in Boise, Idaho has offered former Attorney General Janet Reno $500,000 to pose nude. Let me say that again so you can wrap your mind around this concept. A guy in Boise, Idaho says he will pay $500,000 to see pictures of Janet Reno ---naked. Janet says she's thinking about it. She might do it if she's allowed to pose holding a carefully placed flame-thrower. (Toms Lake Humor Company - http://www.tomslake.com)

South of the Border: Scientists are using high tech equipment to explore the Confederate submarine H.L. Hunley, sunk in 1864. It's the nation's first look at a musty, defeated, century-old, confederate structure since President Bush showed us Bob Jones University. (Rosenberg)

CNN Cut: CNN is laying off employees. Veterans have witnessed battles, skirmishes, conflicts, and depressions. Listening to Larry King talk about his marriages was no picnic. (Ray)

CA Adventure: Disney's new California Adventure has opened in Anaheim. The wildest ride will remind folks of all the state has to offer. Mickey's rolling blackout. (Alan Ray)

Fox is working on a reality show: in which convicted criminals learn the results of their DNA tests on live TV.

--I believe they're calling it "When Presidents Attack."

--They want Jane Seymour to be the host. They're calling it, "Dr. Quinn, Specimen Woman."

--Have you seen the promo's? They're calling it "Must Pee TV." (Voldseth)

Politically Incorrect: Darrin Farrow, a self-employed investment adviser from Elyria, Ohio, bid 47,000 dollars on eBay to appear on "Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher."

--Among other things, experts estimate that Farrow overbid on the item by roughly $47,000 dollars.

--The bid is the largest amount ever offered for an appearance on a television show, not counting Bill Clinton's bid of "one right arm" to appear on "Temptation Island." (Steve Voldseth)

Tell me another Joke!

"-->